Pine Cobble School Employment Opportunities
Dean of Teaching and Learning
Pine Cobble School seeks a rock star Dean of Teaching and Learning for the 2017-2018 school year. This individual will oversee all aspects of curriculum design and implementation, strategic use of data, and evaluation from early childhood through ninth grade; lead faculty in defining and achieving specific educational outcomes; and coach our teachers as we deepen the evaluation process that reflects best practices: observation, thoughtful feedback, and self-reflection.
This job is for you if:
- You’re the whole package: you’re a teacher withat least five years’ classroom experience; an administrator with a proven track record; and a thoughtful, ethical human being who knows that serious learning can be seriously fun.
- You can talk the talk. You understand trends in teaching, learning, and professional development. You can take grand ideas and translate them into action. You’re willing to experiment, and you also know how to evaluate the evidence for anything you do.
- You also walk the walk. You routinely push yourself out of your comfort zone. You adore learning new things. You’re curious and committed, engaged and ethical. You’re a living, breathing embodiment of growth-mindset and grit, of thinking critically and living fully.
- You are all-in. You’ll give everything you have to providing children with an education that’s joyful, intellectually robust, interdisciplinary, experiential, multicultural, and child-centered. You’ll get in the trenches when that’s what’s needed, but you’re also able to back out and take the long view.
- You see potential everywhere. Where others see challenge, you zero in on the solutions. Where others hear “can’t,” you find the “can.”
- You like people. You get along with parents and teachers, toddlers and adolescents. You’re a great public speaker, and you know how to set a tone that’s as warm as it is professional.
- You love hats. You’ll wear a lot of them here.
Advanced degree preferred. Please send a resume, cover letter, and statement of purpose to Christy Richardson at firstname.lastname@example.org by or before March 29th. References will be required.
Pine Cobble School seeks a part-time literacy ambassador for the 2017-2018 school year. Your goal? To infuse every student on our campus, age 3-15, with a deep and abiding love of reading.
This job is for you if:
You adore children and books in equal parts…and know that together, they add up to much, much more than the sum of their parts.
You know children’s literature. You’ve befriended Ivan and Stella, Flora and Ulysses, Dante and Aristotle, George and Martha. You’ve spent time with Castle Crenshaw, KnuffleBunny, and Ada Twist, Scientist. You can Find Winnie, Number the Stars, and Walk Two Moons. You understand the Perks of Being a Wallflower, you know exactly how Peter spent that gorgeous Snowy Day, and you’ve visited the unforgettable House on Mango Street. In other words: you’ve read widely and deeply, and can recommend books for kids from 3-15 who have a wide variety of interests and passions.
You know that reading books is one of the best ways to understand, empathize with, and make connections to those whose experiences are unlike our own. You also know that these human traits have never been more needed than they are today. As such, you’re committed to sharing under-represented voices with students and working with teachers to help them integrate new stories and perspectives into their curriculum.
You’ve got a keen eye for brilliant fiction and also for nonfiction works that make the world come alive…as well as for those genre-busting works that offer some of both.
You’re bursting with ideas to get children to read passionately and connect meaningfully with literature. Book-genre bingo? Mock Caldecotts? 90-second Newberys? After-school book clubs? Author visits? Read-alouds for all ages? Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes: you can’t wait to organize all of them.
You know of no greater sight than seeing a child clutch a book to his chest, no more lovely sound than a student’s voice asking, “what should I read next?”
Ready to let the wild rumpus start? Then send your resume, cover letter, statement of purpose, and two letters of recommendation to Christy Richardson at email@example.com by April 3rd.
Pine Cobble School is an independent day school, Pre-K through 9, in Williamstown, Massachusetts. We offer an outstanding education, and we actively foster creativity, curiosity, hard work, community, and laughter. We have a 20+ acre campus, weekly skiing/skating in winter, and a healthy lunch program that you’ll have to see to believe.